I provide both short-term and long-term therapy. I use a variety of therapy approaches for individual and family therapy.
In short-term therapy, I often use solution focused interventions, Cognitive Behavioral interventions, skill training, and education for:
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Situational depression
- Divorce counseling
- Family counseling related to blended family issues
- Anxiety reduction
- Relationship problems (excluding long-term dysfunction in relationships)
- Weight control
- Grief counseling
Other clients also need longer term, supportive, client-centered, insight-oriented or expressive approaches.
Longer term therapy is appropriate for:
- Complex or severe psychological trauma
- Facilitating personal growth
- Healing damaged emotions
- Improving long term coping abilities
- Long term improvements in patterns of interpersonal relationships
- Severe dysfunction in families
- More serious mood disorders
- Coping with problems related to chronic illness.